Surgical Technology (Diploma)Achieve a Diploma in as few as 12 months*
This program is not currently enrolling new students.
Surgical Technology (Diploma) Mission Statement
The program provides students with the theoretical knowledge, hands-on laboratory instruction, clinical training in various surgical settings, and professional attributes required to obtain entry-level positions in the field of Surgical Technology. The program prepares students to successfully complete the National Certifying Examination for Surgical Technologists as sponsored by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
Learning Objectives / Instructional Outcomes
The student will:
- Grasp concepts of human anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, microbiology, and infectious process and recognize his or her relationship to safe
- Understand the principles of safe patient care in the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative settings; and
- Recognize the interdependent role of the Surgical Technologist with the other team members and ancillary services providers.
LDsports 平台The student will:
- Develop and apply fundamental surgical assisting skills through practice and evaluation in the clinical setting;
- Accurately apply the principles of asepsis across the spectrum of common surgical experiences; and
- Employ the Standard Precautions and other recognized safe practice guidelines in every surgical setting.
The student will:
- Recognize the variety of patients’ needs and the impact of his or her personal, physical, emotional and cultural experiences on the rendering of patient care;
- Demonstrate professional responsibility in performance, attitude, and personal conduct; and
Practice within the confines of the recognized scope of practice within the healthcare community to provide optimal patient care.